- The FRAXEL DUAL laser is a regulated class IIb medical device that carries EC marking pursuant to this regulation. It is manufactured by Solta Medical Inc. It is exclusively for use by doctors
The Fraxel laser has 2 separate laser sources, an Erbium laser (1,550 nm) and a Thulium laser (1,927 nm) that act at different depths.
The technology on which the FRAXEL DUAL treatment is based is as revolutionary as the results obtained.
FRAXEL DUAL 1550/1927 can produce thousands of microscopic treatment areas on the skin. The penetration of each point of the laser removes old and damaged skin cells and stimulates the natural regeneration of the skin, which recovers its youthful strength and radiance.
The Fraxel DUAL™ laser, is perfect for :
- Recovering your skin texture, a refined grain
- Rejuvenating your skin
- Reducing wrinkles and fine lines, wrinkles around the eyes
- Tightening dilated pores and cleansing oily skin
- Improvement in scars from acne or surgery (for acne, it must no longer be changing)
- Treating solar lentigos and age spots (pigmented lesions)
Can be used preventively for people aged over 30
Before the treatment, you and your doctor discuss the appropriate areas of treatment, the results you can expect, the consequences of the treatment and how many treatments you must programme. Fraxel DUAL™ laser treatment spares healthy tissue. It is safe and effective, even on sensitive areas of skin such as the neck, chest and hands.
In each treatment, the Fraxel™ laser targets between 20 to 25% of the skin's surface, so its operation is said to be fractional. On average, an effective treatment requires 4 to 5 sessions, separated by 2 to 4 weeks. The results are immediate and gradual. The optimum improvement can usually be seen after 4 to 6 months.
Just after the treatment, you will experience a slight feeling of 'sunburn' for around one to two hours. Red marks and oedema will vary depending on your skin and the treatment. The oedema is minimum and generally disappears after 3 to 4 days. The skin will take on a pinkish colour for 5 to 7 days. This is a normal sign of deep healing in the skin.
Over the following weeks and months, the body will repair the deeper skin tissue which was affected by the Fraxel treatment, producing beneficial effects: a healthy, youthful looking appearance.
Wrinkles and fine lines
Scarring from acne and surgery
Spots and other signs of ageing